Last week, me and the Captivate (@CaptivateAudio) team hit London for The Podcast Show (@PodcastShowLDN). We joined our fabulous Global family (@Global) as podcasting industry experts, enthusiasts and creators descended on England's capital to celebrate, learn and hypothesise about podcasting and the way that the industry has been, where it is today, and where it will be tomorrow.
In its sophomore year, The Podcast Show had a lot to prove - but did it live up to the hype?
In this review, I go deep into if The Podcast Show London is worth a trip, discussing:
- The background of the show
- Traveling to the show and whether it's easy or not
- The difficulty in a second-year show
- Differences between The Podcast Show London and major US events, particularly Podcast Movement and Podfest Expo
- The difficulty in balancing a trade show and an educational seminar
- The brands making an appearance including, of course, Global
- Some of the indie creator complaints about "balance" and "finding its audience" and "the big guys 'inventing' podcasting"
- My experience speaking at The Podcast Show London
- The celebs on show (plus, meeting two heroes of mine!)
- The "festival" around the event
Join me as I walk you through my review of The Podcast Show, London, 2023
Useful links from the episode
Fan of the show? Find it helpful?
You can become a supporter of the show via a one-off tip that I'll use to buy a beer at this link: Support The Podcast Accelerator: How to Grow Your Podcast.
Your next steps
I teach podcasting a lot and for free. So, here's what I'd recommend you do next:
- Watch my free podcasting tutorials on YouTube: YouTube (Captivate)
- Ask me anything at all about podcasting over on Twitter: Twitter
If you need help with anything at all regarding your podcast, get me on Twitter (Twitter ) and I promise to respond.
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
OP3 - https://op3.dev/privacy
Podcorn - https://podcorn.com/privacy
Podtrac - https://analytics.podtrac.com/privacy-policy-gdrp
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy